Earlier that Day
I knock on the door of Brents house that day. I'm thinking of how to tell him this without him freaking out. I know he wants me to get this internship but now with me leaving next week for Italy until July and his team going to the playoffs, it's all too sudden.
And when Brent Seabrook gets pissed, his temper fires.
"Hey babe," he smiles.
"Hey," I smile, walking in. "Can we sit down?"
"Is everything okay?"
I sit on the couch as he sits on the coffee table. I run my hand through my hair. "Baby, you can tell me," he says, putting his hand on my hand. Oh God, here we go, the outburst was going to begin after the following words came out of my mouth.
"I got that internship."
"The one in Italy? Baby, that's great! We'll go out to celebrate tonight!"
"Brent, I leave next week..."
"Oh, I'm sure youll be back in no time."
"Brent, I won't be back until July."
Brents facial expression drops as he runs his hands though his hair and the back of his neck. I wasn't sure what was going to come next of this situation, but I definatly wasn't prepared for what he was about to say before the smackdown was going to happen. "Ally...were in the Stanley Cup playoffs."
"Brent, I know. I didn't think I'd be gone that long."
"Ally, the one thing that could boost my career is going down and you're going to Italy."
"Brent, this internship could get me any photography job I wanted. I have to go."
"No, you're not going."
"What?!"
No one was going to tell me what to do and not do.
"Ally, I'm not going to let you go."
"Oh, so you're gonna let this big opportunity for me pass so I can watch you be in the playoffs!? What if you don't even make it past the first round, let alone win the cup?"
"Ally, I think my job is alittle more important than you're right now."
"Oh yeah, men beating each other on the ice, which I like might I add, is more important than my schooling? Brent, for the past eight months I've been supporting you're ass, skipping school to come watch you play, let alone miss two weeks to watch you win the gold medal. Couldn't you do something for me?"
"Like what?"
"Let me go on this trip."
"Ally, you're not going."
"I guess you're not my boyfriend then."
"Ally wait!"
He's now following me to the front door of his house. I begin to open the door but he steps infront of the door, blocking me from doing so. Now this was getting rediculos. "Ally, don't do this."
"Brent, I'm going to Italy."
"So what happens with us than?"
"I guess you don't have a girlfriend."
Ally's bedroom
Ella and Stephanie are in my bedroom sitting on the bed now. I just spilt my guts about what had happened at Brents house. Stephanies shaking her head and Ella's looking like she's ready to punch a bitch. "Well then..." Ella begins, looking at the bed sheets. "This has been a dramafilled day. Stephanie doesn't know who the father of her baby is, your going to Europe and are single and I get to meet the family on Friday!"
"Stephanie, when the hell are you due?" I ask her.
"I find out tomorrow. I'm guessing Janurary, which is good because school will almost be over with and it maybe easier to raise the kid."
"I can't fucken believe him," Ella snaps, still on the Brent subject.
"I really don't want to talk to him -- Ella, where the fuck are you going?"
"To kick Brent's ass, I'll be back," she says leaving the room.
"Is she fucken serious right now?" I ask Stephanie.
"Look at it like this, you'll meet a cute Italian boy named...oh, I don't know, Giovanni!"
"Good joke Stephanie."
"Besides, if Brent really did love you, he'd be supporting you with this. Obviously, he's being a dick, you don't need that."
For once in my life, Stephanie is making sense with my boy issues. Hell to Brent Seabrook, I was going to find me a cute Italian boy who played soccer. I smile at Stephanie. "Let's celebrate when Ella gets back, eh?" She suggests at me as I nodd my hell and watch her laugh as the following words come out of my mouth,
"Ciao Brent Seabrook!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


AU REVIOR BRENT MACKENZIE SEABROOK
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE NO MOAR
uh-oh! i hope he comes around. great post, awesome story!
ReplyDelete