Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Late Night Phone Calls and Apologies in Text Msgs;;Jon;;16

"Jon, wait!"

I hear Ella calling as I'm walking down the hallway. I hear her running as she grabs my hand. I turn to look at her and all the rage inside me is about to come out. I'm just about ready to punch a hole in the wall but I don't. "What the hell was that all about! Did you have a secret crush on him or something!?" I yell out of pure anger.

"Jon, I just met him. I didn't--"
"Oh, if you think one person on our team is goodlooking, I know it was him."
"You don't know shit."
"Ella, I saw the way you two were looking at each other."
"Now you're being rediculous."
"Why don't you just admit it, Ella, you find him attractive. Just admit it."

At this point, she's pulling her brown/blonde hair back into a rubber band. I run my hand through my hair as she begins to inhale and exhale. "Jon, I don't know, he walked in..and I...I didn't think all of that would happen. I thought we were just going to play truth or dare," she tells me as I shake my head.

"You know what's funny, I think you liked that kiss. You should own up to that too. Did you?"
"Honestly..."
"I knew it."
"We're friends, remember!"
"Ella...forget it."
"Hey guys..."

I look up to see Kris walking toward us. Ella was probably in a mad rush that she forgot to close the door and everyone probably heard our screaming fit from inside. I give Kris the death glare. At this point, I hate hime with a firey passion. "Stay the fuck away from me Kris."

"Jon, I'm sorry."
"I don't even want to look at you, you dipshit."
"Jon, can we talk?"
"Just stay the fuck away from me. I hope your happy Ella."

I leave and drive home after the outburst we all just have...well technically mine and Ellas outburst. I walk into my room of my condo and throw my cell phone on the bed. I leave the bedroom and walk out to the window in my living room over looking the city. I run my hand through my hair. Nik was right. She'd find someone if I didn't make a move. I hear the phone ring. I run over to the bed hopping it'd be Ella. It just happens to be Nik. I pick up the phone. "What?" I ask.

"I heard what happened..."
"Go ahead, say it...I told you so."
"I wasn't calling to say that...who knows they may end up not even dating. It was just truth or dare."
"How did you find all this info out so quickly?"
"Ally called during yours and Ellas outburst."
"I saw the way she was looking at him, the way he was looking at her."
"You don't what's going to happen."
"Well...Steegers dead to me."
"Yes, we know. By the way, I ran into Bridgid."
"Oh God, what did she have to say?"
"Well, she thinks you and Ella are dating."
"What did you tell her?"
"That Ella wasn't interested in anyone and that you don't want a relationship at the moment."
"You're the best."
"I try. Hey, we have a preseason game tomorrow. We'll get dinner after and talk."
"Oh yes, a romantic date with my team mate!"
"You're excited admit it."
"Oh yes, very."
"I'll see you tomorrow."

I hang up the phone and prepare to shut it off until I see theres a text message from Ella. I click the envolope button on my blackberry and open it.

I'm really sorry for everything tonight. I can't control how I feel/deal with/about people and situations. Jon, please don't take your anger out on Kris, no one meant for the game to get out of hand the way it did tonight. I'll be the first to admit: I do find Kris attractive, however, I just met him and I wouldn't even call that a hook up. I don't know what is going to happen but I hope we can still be friends after all this but please don't take you're anger out on Kris and just let it go. Call me when you can/you're ready to talk. I'll be waiting.

I turn the phone off after that. If she honestly thinks I'm not taking any of this out of Steeger, well, she's wrong. I was mad now. She clearly just admitted that she found him attractive and wouldn't even mind dating him. I looked out the window of my bedroom and saw the city lights. Steeger better be ready for me tomorrow at morning skate.

It was on.

1 comment: