"What do you mean she knows?" I ask.
"Dude, you really blew it. She would've found out eventually."
"Oh so you told her! Real smart Adam!"
"Dude she's pissed and is ready to kill Bridgid."
"What exactly did you tell her?"
"That you guys kissed and that was it. That you pulled away and said you couldn't do that to Ella. Lets just --"
My skype goes off. I look and see that I have a video call from Ally who is in Italy. I think about it. Isn't it like one in the morning over there? I press accept and the call loads. There's Ally, who hangs up the phone and looks pissed off. "YOU ARE A FUCKEN IDIOT TOEWS!"
"Let me guess, she told you?"
"Oh you bet your ass she told me. God damn it Toews, your so lucky I'm not there right now because your ass would be dead!"
"Yeah I know I'm a dumbass, thanks for telling me that."
"If I were you, I'd march over there and explain to your girlfriend what the fuck happened because were not going to have an episode of the Olympics."
"I'm going now."
"Good boy."
I grab my duffle in hopes of spending the night with Ella and speed over to the apartment. I bang on the door. Stephanie opens it and gives me the glare that could mean alot of things. "You are without a doubt --"
"Yes I know."
"She really doesn't wanna look at you."
"Stephanie I made a mistake."
"You promised you wouldn't pull a stunt Kris pulled."
"I know and I fucked up."
"If I could, I slap you one."
"You wouldn't --"
With that Stephanie punches the side of my face. "HOLY SHIT!" I yell really loud grabbing the side of my face as I fall on my ass. Ella comes to the door and shakes her head. I look up and saw that there was chocolate all over her face. At least I knew she was eating and not starving herself. "Stephanie, you're pregnant."
"Yeah, that doesn't mean I still can't kick your ass."
"Let him in," Ella says.
"You sure because ten minutes ago you were saying how mad you were at him and that you --"
"Stephanie, just let him in, he and I are going to talk."
This wasn't sounding good. I got up and sit at the counter as I throw my duffle beside the chair. Shes standing on the other side on the counter, wiping her face off with a wet napkin. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" She asks me as I run my hand through my hair.
"That I regret what I did the other day."
"You know, during the Olympics you told me that you wouldn't pull this shit. You are without a doubt a fucken liar and I don't know why I trusted you."
"I fucked up I know, but everyone does. Ella, all we did was kiss, and I stopped because I realized what was happening. I don't love her."
"Prove it."
"Oh so you want me to prove it?"
"Yes."
"Come for a ride with me."
"No."
"Ella.."
"Fine."
The car ride is silent and the sun is setting. Were back at the lake were at during the winter when we saw the sunset. She's standing in there lake with her jeans rolled up to her ankles and looks like she's having deja-vu. I kick my shoes off and thank God i'm wearing shorts. I'm standing in the lake next to her. "Ella, if I could, I'd take a blanket of stars to show you how beautiful you are."
"I knew you were going to say that."
"How's that?"
"Don't worry about it. Johnny, why though? Why did you do that?"
"Ella, if I could, I'd pull down the moon for you."
"And what would you do then after you pull the moon down?"
"I'd go back to the day you kissed Kris in September."
"Really?"
"I'd tell you I loved you instead of arguing with you about Kris. Ella, I love you so much."
Ella's looking at her reflection in the lake. A single tear rolls down her cheek. At this point I'm not sure what the hell is going to happen next. She then finally looks at me. "Stay tonight, please?" She asks me as I pull her into a hug. She's gripping on my teeshirt as I'm running my hand through her hair.
"Of course baby, I'm not going anywhere."
"Good," she giggled as I kiss the top of her head.
We stop hugging and I bent down to the water. She looks at me funnily. "Johnny, what the hell are you doing?" She asks as I splash her with water. She runs out and throws her shoes on and picks up my keys. "I will seriously drive away without you Tazer."
"You wouldn't dare."
"Stop me," she says, taking her flip flops off and holding them.
I then begin chasing her back to the car. She's screaming as she notices I'm catching up to her. We make it to the car at the same time and I grab her from behind. "AH!" She's laughing as she grabs my arms that are wrapped around her. She's looking at me now as I hold her tighter. We don't say anything but I can see her devious smile. "I guess you're not getting your keys back."
"I guess you want me to destroy you're flipflops."
"Here, have your keys," she says giving me the keys.
"That's what I thought.
We're in the car on the way back now as she blares Justin Bieber. I look at her and shake my head. "Ella, you're 21 and you listen to Justin Bieber? God, my girlfriend is a nutcase," I joke as she playfully hits my shoulder. A smile forms on my face as I'm forced to listen to the kid sing.
and Imma be your one guy
and you'll be my number one girl
always makin time for you
imma tell you one time
That's when I noticed myself singing along to the song. Ella's looking at me now and laughing. "Oh, so I guess the secrets out that Jonathan Toews aka Captain Serious likes Justin Bieber!" She jokes as I give her a look.
"I HATE being called Capatain Serious."
"It's not my fault your captain serious in bed," she laughs.
"You're world is my world and my fight is your fight. My breath is your breath, when you hurt, now I got my one love, my one heart, my one life for sure, let me tell you one time!"
"Oh if only the guys knew you knew the words to this song..."
I smile as I focused on the road. I then think about my life and all that I've acheived. I'm 22. I'm playing professional hockey, I'm in the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the second year in a row, and I'm in love with the greatest italian to ever walk the face of earth. I smile to myself.
I am one lucky bastard. Enough said.

That's right Jonny.
ReplyDeleteDon't fuck with head bitch
but you made up for it
Ixidhdgejajdidlkzv!)khskjdksldmshjsl
ReplyDeleteJOHNNAY SINGING JUSTIN BIEBER
OMG IM IN LOVEEEEE<3
great chapter girlie<3