I'm at work right now. Stephanie has the night off and my car is still dunzo, so Ally said she'd be nice and come get me so we can do dinner to watch the game. Her relationship with Brent is quite comical. They are like this cute old married couple who fight one minute and then the next there all "awe baby its okay!" Its kind of cute.
I'm working with Bridgid tonight. She's complaining about how her love life sucks and Jon won't talk to her. Jon told me to do what ever it takes to get her ass fired. "I'm not that mean," I remember telling Jon over coffee a few days ago as he laughs.
"I don't care, just get rid of her. She's obnoxious."
We're setting up a display right now for the new winter line that came in. She's going on and on about this guy she met who ironically is named Kris. She doesn't give much infomation about him but I don't really worry about it, because this guy she's telling me about doesn't add up to my boyfriend. I look up and see Ally walking by, meaning I have to get ready to clock out. "Hey Bridgid, can you finish this, my shift is up?"
"Oh no prob---who is she?" Bridgid snaps, looking at Ally up and down.
"My best friend Ally. She's Seabs girlfriend."
"Oh...I didn't know Seabs liked chunkers."
"Psst...I didn't know Jon had a thing for anorexia slaves," Ally snaps back.
"Okay, I'm leaving now, Ally lets go."
"I ain't finished with this bitch yet," Ally snapped.
Great, here we go. Once someone gets Ally going, theres no stopping her from whats next. She has Jons personality, she doesn't think before she talks, which is why she is my best friend. I stand there, hoping Kait doesn't come out and fire my ass. Bridgid puts a pair of pants down and places her hands on her hips. "Okay honey, you're done. You can get you're royal russian ass out of here," she snaps at Ally.
And that's when my best friend was about to lose it.
"Oh, you bet I'm fucken royalty slut bag. At least I'm not a whore."
"Psst, you don't even no me shitlicker."
"Shitlicker? Honey, get new combacks. Oh and you're jeans...so two years ago. Oh and the anorexia clinic called, they need you back for more theropy."
"Honey, if anyone needs to go a clinic its you."
"Yeah ohkay you dumb alcoholic bitch."
"WHAT IS GOING ON!?"
I turn my head and see Kait standing there. She then motions for me to come over there. I give Ally a glare as she's bickering with Bridgid. There was no stopping Ally at this point. I don't even look at Kait, because I'm nervous that my ass might as well be fired, then Kris may think I were a screw up.
But Jonny wouldn't.
Wait, why the hell am I thinking of Jonny at a time like this?
"I can explain--"
"Explain why my employee and a customer are bickering at eachother?"
"Sorry. It's my friend Ally. Her and Bridgid don't get along--"
"Is this how you want to represent Nordstrom?"
"No."
"I'm considering you for a promition and you don't stop a big argument that could lead into a fist fight? Do you want a job here?"
"Yes Kait."
"Then fix this argument and I'll see you Sunday!"
"Yes Kait."
I walk back to the two and drag Ally away after clocking out. We walk to her car and neither one of us say anything. I was considered for a promotion and my best friend decided she wanted to open her big mouth. "Thanks for almost getting me fired," I finally say.
"Sorry."
"It's fine, even though I was considered for a promotion."
"Like we knew."
"True. It's all good, I'm glad you bitched that bitch out."
We get to Fitzs pub in Elk Grove and we sit at the bar. We both order guiniesses and stare at the TV. We then talk about class as they interview Jon. My eyes go to the TV and a smile forms to my face. Why was this fucken happening to me at a time like this? Ally finally hit me. "Idiot, what do you want to eat!? The waitress has been standing here for ten minutes!"
"Oh sorry. I'll have a cheeseburger with grilled onions and onion rings please."
She walks away as I take a sip of my beer. What the hell was my problem lately? It's like all I've been thinking about was Jon. Ally tapped my shoulder. "Jons been seeing this girl for the past two weeks," she tells me. This is news to me. Jon would've told me. I shrug, I have Kris, why should I care about who Jon sees.
Because you do care idiot
No, I didn't care. I had by far the prince charming I've been waiting for. Sure, he wasn't no Clark Kent/Superman, but he was perfect in some odd way. I take another sip of my beer I look at Ally. "To this season of hockey, may it involve drama, romance, and lots of drinking," I smile as we cling our glasses together.
"Cheers."

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ReplyDeleteomgggggg, more more more
hhahahaa that was great!!!
ReplyDelete