Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Give Me A Reason;;31;;Stephanie

I meet Patrick at the coffee shop thrity minutes after my talk with Ella. I'm not dressed up, because I'm trying to make this as quick as possible. I missed him, I missed everything about him. I missed him and I, but still doesn't mean I may forgive him for what he did too met. I sit down across from him and take a close look at him.


He really looks miserable.


"Hi," I say.
"Let me start out by saying that I'm sorry for what I did to you Stephanie."
"I understand that you're sorry, and that's fine, but you hurt me. Patrick, I trusted you with my life. Why did you do that?"
"Hear me out okay?"
"Isn't that why I came down here?"


Patricks looking at the table right now then he looks at the water fountain in the hotel. I closes his eyes and I could've sworn a tear rolled down his cheek. He goes back to looking at the table. "If you're not going to talk, I'm going to leave," I say getting up but he grabs my arm. I sit back down.


"I don't know what came over me."
"Oh really? You just felt like doing that?"
"No. I missed you, I really did. It was Kris's idea. I didn't wanna go, believe me, I really didn't wanna go. He dragged me along and got a few drinks in me. I really wasn't thinking. When I woke up the next morning I felt like such a douchebag. Stephanie, please, I'm sorry."
"Give me a reason why you want to be in my life."
"Why I want to be in your life?"
"Yes, why do you want to be in my life?"
"Steph, I love you and what we had. I love that we could just bum around in swets and just laugh and smile about stupid shit. When I saw you with that whiney bitch---"
"That whinney bitch just happens to be really nice."
"Okay, when I saw you with that nice whiney bitch, it made me regret what I did to you. Stephanie, I can promise you that it's not going to happen again."
"Patrick, I can't even trust you anymore."
"You can regain that trust. Just let me redeem myself."


I'm thinking about what he has to say. Part of me doesn't want to take him back but I then think of all we went through. Me trying to acctually get a date with him, all the fun times we've had, the little things he did to make me smile and now this limo issue. Maybe if was a stepping stone in our relationship. 


I lean across the table and plant one on his cheek. I sit back down and he smiles. He then shakes his head. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asks in a low voice. I smile back at him.


"I'm going to give you one more shot at this, so don't make me regret it, alright?" 
"I promise you Stephanie that I'm going to make this up to you," he says as we both get up.


He pulls me into this long hug as I rest my head on his chest. A weight feels like it's been lifted off my chest. I feel Patrick run his fingers through my hair as he tells me he loves me and that this was never going to happen again. I close my eyes and smile.


I'm finally feeling at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment