Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our Secret Kiss;;Ella;;24

Jonny and I are sitting on the back of his pick up, watching the sunset. It was the end of Ocotber almost and that meant only one thing, winter was on its way. Winters in Chicago were always the worst. It was cold and gross and easy to get sick. I have my knees up to my chest, while Jonny is on his but with his hands stretched out in back. "God, this is so pretty. How'd you find this spot?"


"My brother and I got drunk here once."
"That doesn't surprise me."
"How's Kris?"
"We're good. Alfonso loves him. Are you guys talking?"
"No."
"I think you should."
"I think not. Ella, he's going to crush your world one of these days."
"I don't think so."


We watch the sunset as Jonny tells me there's another thing he needs to show me. We jump off the trunk as he closes the trunk. We begin walking down a path and he covers my eyes. Now this is just getting redicuolus. "Jonny, why can't you let me see!?" I yell at him.


"It's a surprise Ella."
"Oh you suck," I say as he removes his hands.


I gasp. I'm standing by a lake and a bunch of trees. I normally don't find this stuff fun, but this, this was fucken beautiful. The moon was over looking the lake giving off a shiny reflection. The trees were losing leaves but were surrounded by a bed of stars. I walk over to the lake and look into it. I see in the reflection Jonny standing by me. "What do you think?" He asks me. I don't look at him. I'm still in awe. I don't even know what to say. Who even knew Jonathan Toews found stuff like this beautiful?


"This...this is fucken beautiful."
"You...you are fucken beautiful."


I turn my face toward Jonny and look into those big brown eyes. His hands are on my waist and the next thing I knew his lips were grazing mine. I was shocked at first but I felt myself kissing him back. My hands run through his hair and then suddenly I realize what I'm doing.


I'm kissing a man that isn't Kris.


I pull away and step away from Jonny. He comes toward me. "Ella, I'm sorry," he says as I shake my head and look back into the lake. Why'd I do that? That wasn't even right, but it felt so right. I put my hands in my back pockets.


"Jonny...let me be honest, I loved that kiss."
"Was it better than when Kris kisses you?"
"Absolutely."
"I can't be with you because of him."
"I like him alot Jonny."
"I know you do. Ella, damn, I shouldn't have done that."
"It's our secret. It's our secret kiss Jonny. No one needs to know."
"Fair deal. It won't happen again."


Jonny pulls me into a hug and runs his hands through my hair. My fingers clench onto his shirt and I kind of start crying. He's whispering something in my ear. It starts out as a soft whisper but then I realize he's singing in my ear. 


"You are beautiful inside, so lovely that I can't see why that I'd do anything without you. And when I'm not with you, I know that it's true, that I'd rather be anywhere but here without you."


It was at that moment I knew I was in love with Jonathan Toews and Kris Versteeg.


He holds me for a little while longer and kisses my head. He then brings me home and I find Ally and Stephanie sitting on the couch. I close the door behind me and slide down the door. A smile forms to my face but fades when I hear from Ally, "Kris called. I told him you were babysitting Alfonso and didn't have your phone. Now sit, we want details." I sit down and tell them everything. Their facial expressions are quite comical. Stephanie shakes her head. 


"Wow...you really need to figure it out girl."
"Nothings going to happen with me and Jonny. I'm better off with Kris."
"I disagree but alright."
"Guys, the boys have a roadtrip in Canada and the States coming up."
"We have school, remember?" I break the news to Stephanie.
"It's Janurary 16-30," Stephanie tells me.
"THAT LONG!" Ally and I shouted.
"Shit, I know. What are we going to do?"
"I don't know Stephanie, go to school like normal kids."
"I'm going to bed."
"Night Ella!"


I flop myself down in my bed and think about that kiss. It wasn't like your typical kiss. Something about it was magical and I could've sworn there were sparks there when we kissed. I closed my eyes.


That was the best kiss I ever had.



1 comment: