Ella
I'm in my room packing the next morning. I look at Stephanie, who's just sitting on the bed staring at nothing. I grab my bag and look at her. "I'll let you know when I land," I tell her as she hugs me. She nods her head and I leave. I yell for a cab and sit hop in. "Where too?" He asks me.
"Vancouver Internation Airport Please."
With that we get on the high way and find ourselves in traffic. I'm looking out the window, wondering if I'm making the biggest mistake of my life. My head begins to hurt, this time, worse than before. I ignore the pain. A single tear rolls down my cheek. Why couldn't I just tell him that I loved him and meant it? I
I feel my phone vibrate. I pull my Droid out and my eyes widen when I see I have a text from Johnny. I open it and gasp. I reread it a few times:
I just tried to find you but I guess you left. Let me say something, don't get on that plane. I said somethings I didn't mean yesterday. I love you Ella, that's what I wanted to tell you. I am a fucken idiot for letting you go like that. I lost you once to Kris, then another time because you claimed you couldn't love me. I'm not willing to lose you for a thrid time because that may be the last time I see or let alone hear from you. Please come back and give it a shot. You leaving now isn't making this situation easy for you or I. If you don't come back I'll understand and move on with my life but just know that I love you and I've always loved you.
At that moment, I knew what the hell i had to do.
"Go back!"
"What?!"
"DO IT!"
The cabbie brings me back to the hotel. I pay the fair, and tell Stephanie not to check out. She meets me outside and grabs my bag. She runs it back in and the comes back out. "Lets do this shit," she tells me. I pull out my phone and text Ally and Christina the following:
I'm back. Did warm ups happen.
They do in five so I suggest you get down here now!
Coming.
Stephanie and I run to the arena, check in, and run to our section. Our seats are behind the glass. We get to our section and she runs down the stairs. I stop. We get there just in time for warm ups. They're all shooting around and talking. I look at the back of the jerseys. I see 87, 19, 7, 2, no 16. "ELLA, COME DOWN HERE!" Ally's yelling. That's when my head turned and I saw the number 16 with the last name TOEWS printed by the shoulder blades. I see Brent motioning to him. He drops his stick and I smile.
I begin running down the stairs and he's skating to the glass. People are looking and yelling about the commotion Johnny and I are starting, but I ignore it. I stop at the glass and Johnny sprays ice on the glass but immedietly whipes it off with his glove. "Why are you back? Don't you have a flight to catch?" He yells.
"That's not important. I need you to do a favors for me."
"Name them," he yells.
"One, get me a goal."
"I can do that for you."
"Two, play like it's the best game of your life."
"I can definatly do that."
"Three, go out there and kick ass."
"I can do those three for you."
"GO BEFORE YOU GET IN TROUBLE!" I yell.
"Thank you for coming back Ella."
"JOHNNY GO!" I smile.
The game finally starts. We're all on the edge of our seats. Johnny steals the puck and shoots one in. He scores. We all get up, except for Stephanie because she's gotta root for the boyfriend and scream at the top of our lungs. Johnny points his stick at me as I smile. "THAT WAS ALL FOR YOU ELLA!" He shouts at me then skates away. My smile fades though. Ally looks over at me as I rub my head. "You okay?" She yells.
"I'm fine!" I yell back.
The game goes on and eventually we go into over time due to Zach Parise tying the game. Two minutes into over time begin and Sidney snatches the puck. He shoots it in. Canada wins the golden. We all run out on to the ice, being the girlfriends and all. Johnny's looking for me. I get on the ice and stop. My body's begining to shake, my head hurts, and my vision is going in and out. "Ella, you okay?" Johnny asks me when he gets over to me.
"Johnny..."
"Ella...whats wrong?"
"Johnny...I...I..."
I feel my eyes roll backwards as I fall foward and hit Johnny's chest. The rest went black from there...
Johnny
"Vancouver Internation Airport Please."
With that we get on the high way and find ourselves in traffic. I'm looking out the window, wondering if I'm making the biggest mistake of my life. My head begins to hurt, this time, worse than before. I ignore the pain. A single tear rolls down my cheek. Why couldn't I just tell him that I loved him and meant it? I
I feel my phone vibrate. I pull my Droid out and my eyes widen when I see I have a text from Johnny. I open it and gasp. I reread it a few times:
I just tried to find you but I guess you left. Let me say something, don't get on that plane. I said somethings I didn't mean yesterday. I love you Ella, that's what I wanted to tell you. I am a fucken idiot for letting you go like that. I lost you once to Kris, then another time because you claimed you couldn't love me. I'm not willing to lose you for a thrid time because that may be the last time I see or let alone hear from you. Please come back and give it a shot. You leaving now isn't making this situation easy for you or I. If you don't come back I'll understand and move on with my life but just know that I love you and I've always loved you.
At that moment, I knew what the hell i had to do.
"Go back!"
"What?!"
"DO IT!"
The cabbie brings me back to the hotel. I pay the fair, and tell Stephanie not to check out. She meets me outside and grabs my bag. She runs it back in and the comes back out. "Lets do this shit," she tells me. I pull out my phone and text Ally and Christina the following:
I'm back. Did warm ups happen.
They do in five so I suggest you get down here now!
Coming.
Stephanie and I run to the arena, check in, and run to our section. Our seats are behind the glass. We get to our section and she runs down the stairs. I stop. We get there just in time for warm ups. They're all shooting around and talking. I look at the back of the jerseys. I see 87, 19, 7, 2, no 16. "ELLA, COME DOWN HERE!" Ally's yelling. That's when my head turned and I saw the number 16 with the last name TOEWS printed by the shoulder blades. I see Brent motioning to him. He drops his stick and I smile.
I begin running down the stairs and he's skating to the glass. People are looking and yelling about the commotion Johnny and I are starting, but I ignore it. I stop at the glass and Johnny sprays ice on the glass but immedietly whipes it off with his glove. "Why are you back? Don't you have a flight to catch?" He yells.
"That's not important. I need you to do a favors for me."
"Name them," he yells.
"One, get me a goal."
"I can do that for you."
"Two, play like it's the best game of your life."
"I can definatly do that."
"Three, go out there and kick ass."
"I can do those three for you."
"GO BEFORE YOU GET IN TROUBLE!" I yell.
"Thank you for coming back Ella."
"JOHNNY GO!" I smile.
The game finally starts. We're all on the edge of our seats. Johnny steals the puck and shoots one in. He scores. We all get up, except for Stephanie because she's gotta root for the boyfriend and scream at the top of our lungs. Johnny points his stick at me as I smile. "THAT WAS ALL FOR YOU ELLA!" He shouts at me then skates away. My smile fades though. Ally looks over at me as I rub my head. "You okay?" She yells.
"I'm fine!" I yell back.
The game goes on and eventually we go into over time due to Zach Parise tying the game. Two minutes into over time begin and Sidney snatches the puck. He shoots it in. Canada wins the golden. We all run out on to the ice, being the girlfriends and all. Johnny's looking for me. I get on the ice and stop. My body's begining to shake, my head hurts, and my vision is going in and out. "Ella, you okay?" Johnny asks me when he gets over to me.
"Johnny..."
"Ella...whats wrong?"
"Johnny...I...I..."
I feel my eyes roll backwards as I fall foward and hit Johnny's chest. The rest went black from there...
Johnny
"Ella! Ella wake up!"
I'm yelling as I bent down and lie her on my knee. Ella ran on the ice and blacked out like she did two weeks ago, but I knew this time was worse. The whole arena stops cheering as all eyes turn on Ella and I. Brent, Duncs, Patrick, Ally, Stephanie, and Christina are all by me now. Stephanie is checking her pulse. "Guys, I don't know if she's breathing."
"Shit, get the medics!" Brent yells.
"Ella, come on, wake up!" I yell.
"Dude, I know CPR!" Pats yelling.
"She's breathing, but her pulse keeps going in and out. Fuck, this is what happened last time," Ally yelled at us.
The medics come and tell us one of us has to go in the ambulance and that it has to be a family member. We look at Christina and she agrees to go. "Call her family and tell them to get on a flight now. Brent, grab my medal."
"What do you mean, grab your medal?"
"I'm going to change and going to the hospital."
With that, I run to the locker room, quickly shower, throw clothes on and run out of there. I flag down a cab and get it. "Shouldn't you be getting you're medal?" He asks me. I give him this disgusting look.
"That's not important right now--" I stop when my phone vibrates. It's Christina.
Mount Saint Helen Hospital...go now!
"Mount Saint Helen Hospital...step on it!" I tell the cabbie.
I get there, pay the fare, and run in to find Christina pacing back and fourth. She runs over to me and hangs up the phone. "Ella's dad is on his way with Alfonso. Her mom is in Italy but she's trying to get a flight."
"Any news on Ella?"
"She was really dehydrated."
"Oh jesus."
"Guys is she okay?"
Brent, Duncan, Patrick, Stephanie, and Ally make their way in. I don't even think about my medal at this point. Christina tells them that she was dehydrated and that there doing tests on her right now. "Excuse me, is Jon here?" I look up and Sidney Crosby is standing there. Stephanie takes a few steps back and I step forward. "Can I steal you for a minute?" I walk over to him and we walk over to the lobby. "How is your girlfriend?" he asks.
"She's...nevermind. She was really dehydrated. They think she maybe over exhausted."
"I'll keep her in my thoughts."
"Thank you."
"Look...I wasn't the true hero tonight....you where?"
"What?"
"The way you left after Ella was put on a stretcher, damn, that takes guts to do that. They're all calling you the hero of the night. I agree 100% with them."
"That's very kind of you and everyone...thanks."
"I wanted to take the honnor and give this to you."
He then pulls out of his pocket a black box. I open it and there lies my gold medal. I sigh and look at him. "You've always been a good friend Sid...thanks," I say in a hug. We end our hug and he looks over at the doctor talking to everyone. "You should get over there."
"Thanks again Sidney," I say walking over to the doctor. "Well..."
"She was really over exhausted. I want to speak with her father when he gets here."
"Can I see her?" I ask.
"No, not right now, we're still doing tests."
I sit on the chair and close my eyes. Brent sits next to me and pats my back. "It's going to be okay," he tells me. I sigh. This time, I hope it would be okay.

OH SHIT
ReplyDeleteCAN'T CANADA ENJOY THEIR GOLD WITH DRAMA RAMA
JK JK
love this
poor girl! i hope she gets better soon! sweet jonny. i love him!
ReplyDelete