I ask myself as I scan the room to see where she went off too. I go by Duncan and grab him away from whatever video game he was playing. You can tell he's a little angry but I don't think he gives a damn at this point. "Buddy, you just ruined my high score here!"
"I don't think now is the time to worry bout you're high score, eh?"
"Alright make it quick kid."
"Did you see a girl who long brown hair?"
"Body of a curvy black woman except she's just fricken tan?"
"Yes her."
"Oh, Nik's girls cousin, she walked out the door with car keys. She looked pissed. Why do you ask?"
"Just wondering."
I walk back into the kitchen but stop as the door swings open. She is here. She, the one who made my summer a living hell. The one who made me attempt drinking myself to death. The one who is the reason I took a roadtrip out of nowhere because I needed to get away is standing before me.
Bridgid.
She scans the room as I dart for the kitchen. Steeger at this point is following me. I turn around to face him as we stand by the oven and microwave. I'm livid now. "Who the flying fuck invited her?" I ask in a whisper shout.
"Does it look like I know? Besides, you can't avoid her forever."
"Oh trust me, I can...I have up until now."
"Jon buddy, maybe you should just talk to her."
"No, I will pass."
"Hey..."
We turn our heads to see Bridgid standing there. Her light brown hair is shorter now and her pale skin has some color. She lost weight, but then again, she was always a skinny girl. I look at the clock and sigh. "I'll leave you two alone," Kris says walking away. I put my hands in my pocket and look at my shoes. I hear her walking toward me. "Jon..."
"Can I ask why you're here?"
"I wanted to talk, since you don't respond to my calls, or emails or texts for that matter."
"There is nothing to talk about."
"If there wasn't anything to talk about, my ass would still be in Manitoba right now."
"You know what you did Bridg, everyone knows what you did."
"I'm sorry, and you don't deserve that, no one does."
"So that's why you're here, because you're sorry? Oh Bridgid, you're always sorry, it's always a different story."
She stays quiet as she pulls a napkin out of her purse. I take it and see something written down in black ink. I read:
Jon,
Let me start out by saying that I am by far the worst girlfriend to ever walk the face of the earth. I'm sorry for what I did and I know this paper napkin won't do justice but hear me out. You deserve so much better than what I've given you. I still love you, believe me Jon, I do. I just want to know you feel the same or feel closure.
I'll always love you.
-Bridgid
"Basically, you came here to give me a napkin?"
"Do you have to be such an ass?"
"Bridgid, get out. Just get out."
"Don't ever call me again until you grow up Jon."
I watch her leave as I hear commotion coming from the living room. I dart into the living room to see a drunken Brent yelling at a drunken Patrick Kane. Kane is holding a beer bottle while Brent is just going for the prey. "Here, here's that twenty cents you want you fucker!" Brent shouts at him, throwing two dimes while he's at it.
This isn't going to be pretty.
"You dirtbag whore!" Kane yells, throwing the beer bottle at him chest.
"You're a dead man kid!"
"Bring it bitchface fattass!"
Now Brent has gone for it. He's on top of Kanner, throwing punches as Kane kicks his stomache. I jump in with Sharp as we break up the fight. I'm holding on to Kanner as he and Brent are going into a drunken swear brawl. "Okay, enough for the night," I tell Kane.
We're in the kitchen now, as he's drinking water. Stephanie walks in and laughs. Her blonde hair is in a side pony tail and her make up is smeared. She's surpringsly not so drunk. "We're gonna head out. We'll see you guys again soon. Nice meeting you both." She then leaves as I turn to see Kane watching her walk away. "She is cute."
"You're drunk buddy."
"Did you get that chick you were talking to name?"
"No. She clearly didn't want to be here," I tell him.
"She was pretty."
"She was a bitch."
"Eh, it's Niks girlfriends cousin. I heard shes really nice."
"Psh, not from what I wittnessed."
I noticed that it's just Kane, Sharp, Nik and Seabrook now in the kitchen. Everyone else left after Kane and Seabs drunken mishap. I roll my eyes. I was dead tired. "Did you and Christina have a good five mintues?"
"Psh, we didn't get anywhere because I forgot to lock the damn door and Ella came in."
"So that's her name, eh?" Kane smiles at me.
"Oh good God Kane you're going mad!"
"Eh, Bridgids out of the picture, we saw your brawl with her."
"It wasn't a brawl. It was a good argument."
"You should facebook her," Brent suggests.
"How about I'm leaving now."
"Consider it?"
"Goodnight boys."
I get in my car and look at the napkin from Bridgid. I rip it up and throw it out the window. It's time for a do over. I pull onto I-290 and my thoughts go to Ella. She was contagious in a way. Her brown hair, curvy body, and bitchy attitude. It dawned on me then. She's Italian and has a Greek cousin. She was cute, with a bad girl attitude. Maybe it was a cover? Nah, I shouldn't be thinking of her, I had other things to deal with.
Like getting my ass into the Olympics this year.
And winning a Stanley Cup.
And possibly landing a new love life?
I smiled. It was going to be a good year. A long but good year.
enjoy

beauty. Love it! great job!!!! this is awesome!!!!!
ReplyDeletethanks girl!. :)
ReplyDelete