My mom and I haven't spoke to eachothers since my hospital incident. She didn't even say hi to me when I walked in to the bridal shop. And Brent thinks I should reconcile with my mom. Hell, the woman is a nutcase and hates Jonhny with a passion because we got together two weeks after the mess with the limo party.
"Will Ally wear this one? It's strapless and short so when Brent sees her in it, plan B of winning her back will take action," she smiles.
"I was thinking of a halter to keep it classy but I do like that strapless one," I half smile.
"Ella have you tried to talk to your mom?"
"I have a mother?" I joke.
"Ella at least try talking to her."
"Stephanie, she won't look at me."
"Well, if your plan is to start crap when Christina shows off the dresses, don't make an ass out of yourself," she says, giving the dress for Ally to the sales lady.
"I guess your right, but, I'll let her talk to me first."
"Ella why are you so--"
"Christinas gonna try the dresses now," Alexandra smiles at us.
"Were the fuck is Ally when you need her?" Stephanie jokes.
We take a seat by the waiting area. I sit by Stephanie as far away as possible from my mother. Stephanie pokes my side and I turn to look at her. "So why does it look like your mother is on every drug known to man right now?" Stephanie asks me. I shake my head and take a quick look at my mother. Stephanie does have a point.
"Odds are my mother is on every drug known to man."
Christina comes out and steps on a stool looking int he mirror then turns to look at us. She has a gorgeous off white strapless gown, that poofs out at the bottom like a princess gown. She looks like a princess truth be told. Infact, I was almost positive that this was the dress. "Well...what do you think?" She asks us all.
"Nik is not going to be able to keep his hands off you, obviously," Olympia smiles.
"Dude, off white looks amazing on you!" Leah tells her.
"Well...if you ask me it looks hideous."
I turn and look at my mother after her comment. Stephanies holding my shoulder down as I feel my face turn every shade of red there is. How dare she call her niece hideous. "I think she looks beautiful but then again, you don't know what beautiful is," I snap.
"Ella, not now," Stephanie murmurs while rolling her eyes.
"Well...no one asked you for your comment," my mother tells me.
"Hi to you too mom."
"Alright, so is this the one?" Alexandra asks Christina, trying to change the subject.
"I believe so. Let me try the other one on real quick."
Christina goes back into the dressing room. Stephanie gives me the glare. I roll my eyes. "Does she know about your trip to Italy?" Stephanie whispers but apparently my mother must've heard because she looked over and gave me another glare. I look at Stephanie with the look that translated to you really had to mention this now.
"So you and Brent are going for sure!?" Christina asks from the dressing room.
"You're going with that depressed shit head?" my mother asks me.
"For the record, that depressed shit head just happens to be my best friend," I snap at my mom.
"Why the hell are you going to Italy again?"
"Because I can."
"You know, your just like your father, you good for nothing shit."
"Okay, that's enough," Olympia says as she tries to break the argument up.
"Mom, you know, ever since my episode of the Olympics, you've been nothing but a bitch to me."
"You know Antonella, ever since you've been running around with those canadians, you've been nothing but a whore. I bet you'll hook up with Brent and will be known as the NHL whore."
"Okay, now you've done it,"I begin getting up. "Sorry Christina."
I storm out of Volles and began walking toward my car. What in the world was my mothers problem? I hear the door slam shut but I keep walking. I don't feel like dealing with anyone right now. "You are nothing but a mistake of a child," my mother shouts as I turn around to face her. Did she really just go there with me?
"Why don't you see how dad feels about you saying that about you're own flesh and blood? Don't even talk to me mom."
I storm off in the car as my phone goes off. Speaking of the devil, it's my father. I answer the phone and put it up to my ear. "Dad I'm driving right now, can this wait?" I ask him. I stop at the red light and rub my forehead with my two fingers.
"Ella, how did the dress shopping go with your mother?"
"Dad are you home?"
"Yeah, why honey what happened?"
"I'm coming over."
"Oh dear...okay sounds good."
Thrity minutes later I'm sitting in my dad's kitchen with a cup of coffee. Alfonso and Jay are sitting in the living room playing NHL 10. I can hear the swears coming out of Jay and my eleven year old brother. My dad is sitting across from me now in his tiny kitchen at his condo in Park Ridge. We don't say anything because I'm trying to calm down from the explosion with my mother. "Did Johnny do something?" my dad asks me.
"No...it was your soon to be exwife."
"Oh dear what happened?"
"Stephanie and I have come to the conclusion that she's on drugs. She didn't say hi to me, wouldn't look at me, she told Christina she looked hideous in a dress, she called me a whore...and then..."
I stop myself as I start crying while thinking about what my mother called me. There's a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Alfonso yells pausing the game. My dad's looking at me, waiting for me to say something. I can't talk, it's like my vocal chords shut down.
"Ella...what did she say?"
"She told me I was a mistake of a child...how do you call you're child a mistake?"
I watch my dad shake his head and move his chair next to mine. He's patting my hand now. He's speechless as well. I don't blame him, because I was speechless as well. "Ella, you are not a mistake, no matter what that crazy bitch tells you. You and Alfonso are the best gifts I've ever gotten in my life."
"I love you dad," I say in sobs as he hugs me.
"I love you too Ella," he says, patting my back.
"Is everything okay?"
I recognize that husky, thick canadian accent right away. I look up and see Johnny standing in the kitchen with his hands in the pocket of his shorts. I nodd my head and get up to give him a hug. "Ella...Stephanie told me what happened."
"How much did you hear just now?"
"Enough...you are not a whore, let alone a mistake. You're mother is just insane, okay?"
"I know, thanks babe."
"You're a great person Johnny, treat my daughter right. She maybe 21, but she's still my little girl," my dad smiles.
"I know Mr. Gianni, she's great," Johnny says, smiling down at my eyes before kissing my nose.
"JOHNNY! COME PLAY NHL '10 WITH JAY AND I!" Alfonso yells.
"Let's make this a family affair?" I smile.
"I'll order the pizza," my dad laughs.
I sit on the couch watching Jay and Johnny go at it in a game of NHL 10. I smile to myself. Atleast I know my dad still cares about me and still thinks I'm a good person. I just really wish I knew what got into my mom since the Olympics. She was caring one day the next it was like something snapped in her. I look to see my dad pulling me into a half hug. He's smiling at me as he says, "I have a good feeling about this Johnny boy. Maybe a lot of ups and downs, but I have a good feeling. Keep him your life okay?" I laugh as I hug my dad and reply,

"Just for you dad."
enjoy! the next chapters coming up start all the good old drama that this story needs!. read and give feedback :)

I'd like to clock this bitch in the face
ReplyDeleteloved it twinnay!
aw love the ending! amazing chapter! love the rainbows too!!!
ReplyDelete