I storm into the boys team meeting at the United Center, after word of the breakup at work got to me. It was a couple of hours before my ultrasound of the sex of the baby and I was looking for Jonathan so I can rip him to shreds. I get the stares from Patrick Sharp and Duncan Keith as I stomp my way through the film room. I find Jonny getting up to leave. He stops as he sees me. "Stephanie, what are you---" I slap him across the face as he stops talking. He grabs the side of his face and looks at me. "What the hell was that for?" He asks me.
"Gee, I don't know, you breaking up with the one person who loved you."
"Get over it Stephanie."
"Excuse me?"
"It's clearly not your problem, obviously."
I'm mad now. I have him pinned against the wall by his kneck. The whole room is looking at me now. I'm four months pregnant and I have my best friends exboyfriend pinned to a wall. "You chased her after her for six months, eventually got her, and then left her for a girl who cheated on you and made you take a random road trip to Chicago. How stupid can you get!?" I'm yelling now as Patrick is pulling me away.
"Baby, leave him, he's a dumbshit. Let's go find the sex of your child," he tells me as I nodd.
"So help me God Toews, your making the biggest mistake of your life."
An hour in a half later I'm on a bed waiting for the lady to come in for the ultrasound. Patrick is sitting on the chair shaking his head. I look at him as he's sipping a slurpee. "What is so funny Mr. Kane?" I ask him as he puts the slurpee down.
"Nothing, you get to find the sex of your baby and we still don't know who the father is."
"We'll find out in my thrid trimester so take a chill," I snap.
"Is someone a little hungry?" He jokes as he takes a candy bar out of his pocket.
"You eat that damn thing infront of me--"
"MMMMMM!" He says, bitting the Snickers bar. "This...is...soo...fucken...delicious!"
"I hate---"
"Hi Stephanie. I'm Angela. I'll be doing your ultrasound today," the doctor smiles.
"Hi," I smile back.
"Now, this may tickle, so you may laugh."
She begins to put the lotion on and rubs it with a camera on my stomach. I look at the screen as Patrick joins while holding my hand. We see two hands moving and I feel the baby kick me as Patrick laughs. I give him a cute smile then turn my head back to the monitor. "Well," Patrick asks Angela. "What is she having?"
"Stephanie, it's a girl."
My eyes widen as Patrick kisses my head. My baby is a girl. She prints the picture out and I see Patrick looking at it. He then sends a mass text out with a reponse from Brent. "Well...Brents throwing a party for us tonight," he smiles.
We're in the car now. My phone goes off and I see Ella texted me.
From: Ella Cell
is johnny going to Brents tonight?
To: Ella Cell
i have no idea, if he's there, he's there I guess. I almost kicked his ass today
From: Ella Cell
I heard from Brent and Nik...congrats tho girl! I'm only coming for the sake of your child.
To: Ella Cell
oh your such a good friend
From: Ella Cell
I try..I'll see you tonight
"So help me God Patrick, if he brings that bimbo tonight, he's dead."
"She can't be THAT bad."
"Please, you met her once."
"Yes, and I was completely intoxicated remember?"
"Can we kill her?"
"Why don't we let Ella and Johnny solve this problem?"
And just like that, the conversation was over. I was having a girl, Ella and I wanted Bridgid dead, and still had no idea who the father of my child was. Fuck my life royally right now.
enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

neck*
ReplyDeletewhy must you put a k infront of the n?
juuuust kiddding.
no really, fix it.
great update twinnay!
aww yay! a girl! great post!!
ReplyDelete