"Ella, what are you doing?"
I ask her as we take off for our seven hour plane ride to Milan. She's sitting next to me indian style while sketching out random designs. She doesn't say anything, but quickly glances at what I'm wearing, which is kahkis and a white polo, then throws men's vogue at me. "What am I going to do with this?" I ask her.
"Look at it and pick up a new clothing style. I'm not letting my best friend walk around looking like that."
"Bitch."
"Oh you love me."
"Wait, whats wrong with what I'm wearing?"
"Brent, have you looked in a mirror? You look hideous."
"Alright, I'll fix myself. Wait,do you even no Italian and how to get to Milian."
"Brent, I'm not that stupid."
"Seriously Ella."
"Yes I do,so take a chill, youll win Ally over."
The rest of the flight involves Ella swearing Italian and me sleeping a majority of the time. I feel someone slap me across the face. I wake up and Ella's stairing at me. I rub my face. "Wake up jackass, we're here," she says as I unbuckle my seatbelt and follow her into the terminal of the airport. We grab our bags and get into a cab. Ella goes off in Italian to the cabbie and we're off. I'm looking out the window, this is the most beautiful place I've ever been to in my life.
We check in and settle into our room were we notice theres only one bed. I look at Ella who's cursing in Italian again. "Ella, I'll sleep on the floor calm down," I tell her as she's pacing back and forth with her hands in her hair. She then says we can share the bed but I can't be a bed hog. We then spend the next two days exploring Italy like typical tourists. Its Friday now, we had until Monday to find Ally. We're lying in the bed staring at the ceiling. "Have you heard from Jon?" I ask her.
"Yes...he's a wreck without me there."
"Awe how cute."
"You really messed up with Ally, eh?"
"Yeah...I'm a dumb ass, remember?"
"Yes Brent, we know. It'll all work out, I promise."
The next morning comes around. Ella and I decide to go to the Vatican. I stop dead in my tracks as I see the girl kissing the european boy. She has a bun on top of her head and is wearing hollister shorts. It's Ally. Ella looks at what I'm seeing. "Brent, you need to go win her over now," she tells me. Ally looks over and turns her head. I march over there, grabbing her arm as she walks away. "Go away," she murmurs but I turn her around and look at her. I look at those green eyes, the eyes I've missed.
"Why are you even here?" She yells.
"I came to say sorry."
"You came all this way to apologize?" She yells some more.
"No one asked for you to come," Alessandro tells me.
"Oh, so your Alessandro?"
"And your the douchebag."
"Sandro, don't--"
"It's okay Ally. Look I'm not the best person around, I know I have anger issues, but I know that if I didn't love you, I wouldn't be here."
"I think you should leave now," Alessandro tells me.
"I think not."
"No really whore, your asking for it."
"Don't whore me."
"Alessandro please stop."
"Leave."
"Make me."
And just like that, Alessandro punches me. I punch him back as we begin throwing punches and I'm on the ground now. "Brent stop it!" Ally yells as I hear Ella yelling something at me but I dont hear her. I feel someone life me up from the ground and see it's Ella holding me back. We watch as Ally and Alessandro argue about something as he walks away throwing his hands in the air. Ally walks over to us. I look at Ella, who just steps away. Ally stops as she looks at me, she doesn't look at me. "Tell me the truth, why are you here?" She asks me.
"Because I love you, that's why."
"I still love you Brent."
"I still love you. Tell me you'll come home and fix our relationship?"
"When's the next flight out?" She says with a smile.
I feel Ally's arms wrap around my kneck as she rests her head on my shoulder. We exit our hug and Ella walks over to us. She's shaking her head. "Are ya'll done being all goo goo ga ga lovey dovey? Because I'm hungry," she whines as we walk over to a cafe. I grab Ally's hand. Everything was at ease, everyone was happy...
For now at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment